Shipping & Returns
SHIPPING & DELIVERY:
Below is the shipping and delivery Agreement between the Company and the Customer.
- The Company flat rate or free shipping policy applies to products shipped via standard shipping to locations in the contiguous 48 states. The Company and Website reserve the right to choose delivery type (parcel or freight), carrier, and service level of each Product shipped via standard shipping. In the event of freight shipments, standard shipping includes curbside delivery and lift gate service. If special considerations are required for curbside delivery (ex: hard to reach areas such as the Five Boroughs of New York, Long Island, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket and Northern New England or a rooftop condo, etc), these special considerations will charged accordingly as an additional fee that is not included in standard shipping. The Customer will be notified by the Company and may be required to re-confirm the order if any of these charges are required for successful delivery. The Company will not incur these additional charges onto itself in the case that the Customer did not plan for the delivery, does not alert the freight carrier, or refuses the charges. Orders will be treated as "unfit" in these cases and risk being canceled. The Company shipping policy does not apply to Products or Services that require you to call for pricing, as these do not fall into the standard shipping category, sometimes requiring special considerations for delivery.
- The Company ships to APO/FPO addresses, but such shipments are subject to USPS size, weight, and content restrictions. If we cannot send your package to your APO/FPO address, we will contact you. APO/FPO shipments may be subject to additional shipping fees. If you will be charged any additional shipping, we will contact you to notify you of the fees to give you a chance to adjust your shipping address if you so desire.
- All shipments, unless specifically denoted, are common carrier curbside delivery. All larger shipments, shipped via freight carrier, will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to leave the delivery without a signature, the Company will not be held responsible for damages that may occur during delivery. It is the Customer responsibility to inform us of any problems with this type of delivery at the time of purchase. The Company is not responsible for shipping costs on merchandise not delivered due to a shipping companies inability to deliver to a particular location. Certain circumstances may include but are not limited to: narrow or winding roads, dirt or gravel roads, vacant establishments, inclement weather, accidents, disasters, or other "acts of god". In-home delivery, often known as "white glove", is neither implied nor offered without additional charge, and is not necessarily available even if the Customer is willing to pay more for it.
- "Curbside delivery" provides delivery made to the curb at the end of the driveway. It is not the driver's responsibility to bring freight into the house, garage, office, or other types of structures. It is the Customers responsibility to move the item from curb into a structure, out of the weather, or out of sight. The delivery people and freight drivers do not assist with moving the item beyond the curb, unpacking, set-up, or clean up.
- Limitations and restrictions on our standard shipping policy regarding LARGER and IRREGULAR-SHAPED items are as follows:
- Freight shipping is restricted to certain types of standard business addresses or to the motor freight carrier's normal delivery terminal for Customer pick-up at the terminal. A business out of the home is considered to be a residential address and may be subject to lift gate and/or curbside charges. Public schools, fire stations, farms and churches are also considered to be residential addresses. Deliveries to residential addresses are only made weekdays, generally between 8 AM and 5 PM. Deliveries to businesses or carrier terminals may fall outside this window, based on carrier time tables, queue, or other types of discretion.
- Freight shipping to the following locations is UNAVAILABLE: United States military bases, Hawaii, Alaska, Mexico and Canada.
- Freight charges for the following states are quoted on a case-by-case basis, regardless of the address: Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. This is due to the lack of service available and delivery fees applicable to these areas. Please contact one of our sales representatives for a special shipping quote that accurately reflects this upcharge.
- An additional upcharge may be incurred for shipping to addresses within: Long Island including the Five Boroughs of New York, Northern New England including Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard, and other restricted or limited access areas. This is due to the transportation surcharges and/or delivery fees applicable to these areas. Please contact one of our sales representatives for a special shipping quote that accurately reflects this upcharge.
- If a Product is shipped and returned because it is not deliverable due to an incorrect address, the Customer will be responsible for shipping costs incurred in both ways. Orders for larger Products that must ship freight require the shipping company to contact the Customer prior to delivery. If the Product is returned because the freight company could not reach the Customer, this will be considered a return, and the order will be subject to our regular return policies.
- All Canadian, Alaska and Hawaii shipments will incur additional shipping charges or customs fees, and therefore require an individual quote from the Company. If you order via the phone, you will be notified of the extra shipping charges before you place your order. If you order online, a Customer service representative will contact you shortly after your order is placed with the additional shipping charges. In the case of orders going to these regions, we will not ship the order until the Customer approves the extra charges.
- The Company and Websites use USPS or FedEx for smaller Products, and larger Products are shipped via a freight carrier of the Company's choice. The company or our suppliers, vendors, and manufacturers reserve the right to choose which freight company or companies ship your order. Sometimes an order will need to be processed at a carrier terminal or transferred to another carrier while in transit to the Customers shipping address. You agree that we the Company do not own the carrier terminals, warehouses, trucks, equipment, or employees, and in these cases the Company cannot be held responsible for orders that are late, lost, or damaged due to carrier error or negligence. The Company will do what we can to track down your order and make it right, although we cannot guarantee resolution because we do not own the freight carriers (ie Yellow, Con-Way) or shipping companies (ie FedEx, USPS).
- Once a Customer order shipment is in the hands of the freight carrier or shipping company, we cannot change a shipping address, we cannot make a delivery happen on a certain day, and we can only provide approximate delivery times. Basically, we the Company only know what the freight carrier or shipping company tell us from that point on, although we will do our best to communicate that to our Customers. These communications include tracking numbers, status updates, and mitigations between logistics or drivers. We wish we had more direct control over the shipments once they leave our warehouse(s), but unfortunately, this is not how freight carriers and shipping companies work.
- All Products and Services sold through the Company Websites are subject to lead time. Lead time is variable, and may include processes such as collecting information, preparing the order, planning delivery, planning suppliers, planning the construction, procuring resources, procuring components, building the Product, testing the Product, packaging the Product, insuring the Product, shipping the Product, and on-the-road time prior to delivery. That being said, the Company offers various types of Products and Services that may fall into various amounts of lead times. The lead time for a Product can be found within the Content on its page within the Website. If the lead time cannot be found there, please contact us for an accurate time quote. As a general rule of thumb, all standard in-stock Products, or those found in a warehouse, will take between 5-14 business days to reach a Customer, depending on the warehouse location. Custom made Products on the other hand, can take between 4-8 weeks to arrive due to the amount of queue, planning, procurement, and craftsmanship involved. Without a custom quote, we ship to continental U.S. locations only. Shipping to places out side the continental 48 states will incur additional lead time and/or additional shipping or customs charges.
About Shipping Included:
Occasionally the Company may offer promotions for shipping included or reduced rate shipping for certain Products, as indicated by a "free shipping" icon or reduced rate coupon. By using these promotions, Visitors, Members, and Customers agree that although some Products ship for free under these promotions, others will have shipping calculated at checkout according to your ZIP code, the weight, and the dimensions of the Product(s). When shipping is calculated at checkout, state sales taxes may be applied. Whether or not this tax is applied depends on your location and the location of the warehouse shipping your Products. These "free shipping" promotions are only valid when shipped to the contiguous 48 US states. Locations outside of the contiguous 48 states such as Alaska, Hawaii, offshore U.S. territories, and Canada are not eligible for free shipping or reduced rate coupons. The Customer is responsible for all shipping fees, duties, and tariffs when placing an order to these zones. Even if you received FREE or DISCOUNTED shipping, shipping did have some cost, and that cost is non-refundable
INSPECTION & DAMAGE GUIDE:
For Standard Delivery:
If your shipment arrives damaged through a typical delivery service such as USPS, UPS or FedEx, you have 3 days to call us at 1-888-986-1535 to report the damage.
For Freight Delivery:
If you the Customer authorize the freight company to leave damaged or incomplete freight without a signature, the Company and our Websites cannot be held liable for any damages or missing components. Remember, leaving a note for the delivery driver is the same as signing for your products in good condition. If your order ships via freight, and you are receiving your goods, please follow these steps:
Step 1) Ensure that the pallet/piece count on the delivery receipt matches the number of pallets/pieces you receive. If a pallet(s) or piece(s) is missing:
- Note this on the delivery receipt before you sign. Example: "Received 4 of 5 pieces"
- Call us at 1-888-986-1535 immediately to let us know you are missing pallets/pieces.
- We will coordinate with the shipping company to locate the missing pallets/pieces or replace them.
Step 2) Inspect the packaging for external damage. If you notice exterior damage:
- Look for exterior damage before signing the delivery receipt. If you find noticeable damage, take a picture.
- Keep packing material in the event we need to pick up product so we can fix it and make it right.
- If you notice external damage and the delivery driver will not allow you inspect the inside of the package, or the driver will not let you note "damaged" on the delivery receipt, call us immediately at 1-888-986-1535.
- Note any damages to the packaging or products on the delivery receipt by specifically writing the word "damaged" before signing.
- PLEASE NOTE Signing your delivery receipt without noting any damages legally states that you have received your freight in good condition.
Step 3) Please inspect your merchandise for concealed damage before the driver leaves:
- If there is no visible external damage, there could still be concealed damage. Open the packaging and inspect your merchandise. If you find notable damage, take a picture.
- When you sign the delivery ticket and do not note any damage, the merchandise becomes your property. Do not sign for your merchandise until you have inspected inside and out.
- There are absolutely NO exceptions to this procedure.
- Unfortunately, all freight carriers are adamant about this and will not accept a claim for damage if you do not note any and all damages on the delivery receipt IN WRITING.
Step 4) IMPORTANT! You have 24 hours to call us at 1-888-986-1535 to report any damage.
Step 5) If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-888-986-1535.
Merchandise could be damaged during shipment or delivery regardless of packaging, driver experience, or merchandise durability. Intangibles, including lack of shipping company oversight, road conditions, temperature, humidity, moisture, pests, natural disaster, detours, construction, mechanical failure, acts of god, or other 3rd party external forces may affect the process of delivery to your address. We only choose the best shipping and freight companies to work with, but in any case, there is a chance of merchandise damage that we must all be aware of.
By completing this order you agree that:
- There is always a chance for IN-TRUCK physical damage, even when an operator or driver is being extremely careful.
- OFF-TRUCK Liftgate, Whiteglove, and Hand Delivery to all forms of addresses including Residential, Commercial, and Building Site are not exempt from damage.
- The Company (CJs) is not responsible for human error while handling your product IN-TRUCK, DURING DELIVERY, TO FACILITY, or DURING INSTALLATION.
- It is your responsibility to THOROUGHLY INSPECT all merchandise received and sign off your inspection BEFORE THE DRIVER OR OPERATOR LEAVES YOUR SITE.
- The Company (CJs) is not responsible for shipping damages found after sign-off, after driver or operator leaves your site.
WARRANTY AND RETURNS INFORMATION:
A NOTE ON CUSTOM PRODUCTS -- PLEASE READ: Some Products are custom made at the time of order with the specifications that you (the Customer) give us. In order to keep our lead times short, any changes or cancellations of orders after 24 hours after the order was placed online (Order Date), incur a minimum $200.00 charge for the change or cancellation. The amount will increase based on the amount of work performed or materials used up to that point.
All custom products or custom order sales are final. You MUST use the forms and follow the guidelines laid out and found on the Company Website. Failure to follow the written directions on the website will likely result in a product not fitting correctly. It is the customer's responsibility to follow the directions online, or call our office for assistance before placing their order.
Returns Guide for Custom Items:
Please note that custom items or made to order items cannot be returned. All sales are final. Return forms will not be accepted for these items unless otherwise specified. In very rare cases a custom item may be accepted for return if the item is a standard size or variation, this is up to the Company's discretion.
In the event that a custom item or made to order item arrives damaged, it will be repaired or replaced at no cost to the customer. If repair or replacement is declined by the customer, there is nothing else the company can offer.
Some custom and made to order items require assembly and may need to be adjusted upon arrival. It is the customer's responsibility to assemble and adjust the custom made products they order. Failure or refusal to do so does not give the customer grounds to request a return.
Returns Guide for Non-Custom Items:
Please note that products/goods may only be returned if they meet the following conditions:
- The product was shipped in error.
- The product suffers from a material defect in construction or workmanship.
- The product does not match the product that was listed online.
NOTE: Even if you received SHIPPING INCLUDED,FREE or DISCOUNTED shipping, shipping did have some cost, and that cost is non-refundable.
In the event that one of these conditions are met, the Purchaser must notify Fireplace Doors Online within 10 days of the receipt of the goods. The Purchaser must obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number filling out Returns Form. The Purchaser must return the goods in the original packaging or be subject to a repackaging fee. Credit will only be issued after the inspection of the returned goods and it is determined that the conditions for return have been satisfactorily met. Returned goods that do not meet the conditions will be returned to the Purchaser at their expense. Credit will not be issued if the product is not found to meet the conditions in this writing.
Restocking fees range from 15% or up to 50% depending on the item and manufacturers policies and fee structure. Outbound shipping will be deducted before the restocking fee is applied.
If the return request is due to product defect or damage, we will first work to get the Product repaired. If repair is not possible, then the Company will work to get it replaced.
- If the return will be coming back via freight truck, the Company will require you to get us a photo before the return will be authorized. This can be as simple as a cell phone picture. We just need a "before" picture in case there is any damage to the item on its way back to the Company.
- Please expect a few days for us to open the support case, contact the manufacturer, warehouse, and carrier, before we have enough information to get back to the Customer.
- No COD returns allowed.
- Feel free to use our Simple online Form to obtain a RMA number. We can then walk you through our Easy-Returns process. You can find the form for returns here:
Click here to fill out an Item Return Request Form.
Warranty Guide, Submitting Warranties:
If the Product or Service came with a warranty, we can get that set up for you. By completing the order via the Company Website, you agree to promptly use our quick form to register your warranty. Warranty Form.